One-on-One tutoring assists LD students with curriculum support or other programs where an empathic tutor, experienced with students who have different learning styles, is needed.
The tutor will use support students using programs and expertise that they know will benefit the student aiding their understanding of concepts.
- Tutoring is offered in blocks of 10 weeks (a shorter block if only summer tutoring is requested). Sessions are based on one-hour blocks although within this time we are flexible to the needs of students (for example co-occurring with ADHD) therefore actual tutoring time will be less than one hour.
- Most students are tutored for one session weekly although we can offer two one-hour sessions weekly if requested, and tutors are available.
- Students’ progress at their own pace and the tutor ensures the learning is retained before moving on to a new concept.
- At 8 weeks, tutors prepare a written review detailing what the student has been studying and their progress. At this point students/parents can decide if they wish to continue, and a further contract is prepared.
- Tutoring takes place one-on-one.
- In-person tutoring takes place at ‘hub’ sites which may be a school or a community location or the LDAPEI office.
- LDAPEI does not offer tutoring in individual houses/apartments.
- Tutors are either graduates from University Education programs, with a minimum B.Ed., and are certified and registered to teach on PEI, or they are studying on a current B.Ed. program
Rates: $30 per session, for a total cost of $300 per 10-session block.
We accept payment in cash, cheque and e-transfer.
If you would like to discuss eligibility requirements for subsidy, please contact us at email@example.com.