JUMP Math is a remediation program that grows the confidence of students who have not reached Grade 8 math level. This program is used in conjunction with other supports that the tutor feels will benefit the student and their understanding of math concepts.
- Tutoring is offered in blocks of 10 weeks (a shorter block if only summer tutoring is requested). Sessions are based on one-hour blocks although within this time we are flexible to the needs of students (for example co-occurring with ADHD) therefore actual tutoring time will be less than one hour.
- Students’ progress at their own pace and the tutor ensures the learning is retained before moving on to a new concept.
- At 8 weeks, tutors prepare a written review detailing what the student has been studying and their progress. At this point students/parents can decide if they wish to continue, and a further contract is prepared.
- Tutoring takes place one-on-one.
- In-person tutoring takes place at ‘hub’ sites which may be a school or a community location or the LDAPEI office.
- LDAPEI does not offer tutoring in individual houses/apartments.
- Tutors are either graduates from University Education programs, with a minimum B.Ed., and are certified and registered to teach on PEI, or they are studying on a current B.Ed. program.
Cost: $30 per session ($300 for ten-week contract) or $15 per session, if eligible for a subsidy based on household income (see registration form below).
- Payment may be by e-transfer, cheque or cash (e-transfer preferred).
- A tax receipt will be issued shortly after payment is made.
- Subsidies are not currently available for math tutoring.
For more information, please connect with us.